Twist Travel Magazine
I know, you are probably thinking why the hell are we talking about Christmas, well, the truth is the festive season is just around the corner and in fact, you are almost too late in the day to secure Christmas press coverage at this stage.
Most magazines have 3 to 6 month lead in time, meaning that if you are looking to generate editorial coverage in December issues you really should have been on the case back in June. Don’t panic though, all is not lost, there are still several lifestyle magazines compiling Christmas specials and if you are quick off the mark you may still have a chance to see your product, design, case study or business featured within the press.
Our main focus at the moment is on luxury PR and ‘travel features’ as January and February are the months where most holidays are researched for the forthcoming spring and summer season. At Arthouse PR We are working with the very best travel magazines on numerous travel ideas, holiday inspirations and luxury lifestyle features for publications hitting the news-stands in January 2016.
From Truffle Hunting in Tuscany to Stargazing in Iceland, Wellbeing weeks in Cornwall to Snowboarding in Montgenevre, whatever your interest our hotel and travel clients offer inspiration worldwide.
Whether you own a boutique interiors store or manage a luxury hotel here are a few ideas that may help you raise the profile of your business in readiness for the 2016 season.
- Make a PR hit list of magazines you want to be seen in
- Research the key journalists and freelancers in your sector
- Study the style of editorial content and tailor your PR information to fit
- Make personal approaches to features editors and freelancers
- Make your image library truly special – share new images with the press
- Research articles being written and offer expert advice
- Make sure your press pack stands out from the crowd
- Offer samples of your products or services to the press
- Followup by email, phone and mail. The power of printed media is underused. Send your brochure with a personal letter to press contacts
- Be pro-active, stay on top of trends in your sector
- Share business news with trade and industry press
- Become a regular contributor to key publications
- Make a 12 month PR calendar of activities – make it achievable
- Make the most out of niche media – check out publications such as in-flight and hotel magazines, property publications and private members clubs
- Always seek professional advice and experienced backup when needed
Contact Sharon Kilby at Arthouse PR for more information on luxury and lifestyle PR services. firstname.lastname@example.org
You Might Also Like